Product: Rip Toned Lifting Wrist Straps (Comes in pairs)
Place to Buy: Amazon
Size: 23″ adjustable
My Rating: 2/5
Deadlift is one of my favourite weight training exercises. When I first started out, I had no problem doing deadlifts; I usually do deadlifts with a barbell adding weights as I go. I got stronger the more I did deadlifts then I ran into a problem. I was ready to move up in my deadlift weight, but my grip was letting me down. I started training my forearm muscles to allow me to lift heavy during deadlifts, but this was going to take a while, so I decided to try lifting straps. I purchased the Rip Toned Lifting Straps
Rip Toned Lifting Straps come in pairs & 10 different colours. The straps are designed for weightlifting, bodybuilding, powerlifting, xfit, strength training & MMA. The straps weigh 0.21 lb & are 23″. The straps are neoprene padded & made of cotton. Both men & women can use this product. The straps are supposed to help improve your grip to lift more weight.
Pros & Cons
1. Both men & women can use the straps.
2. Straps are not expensive & comes in a variety of colours (10).
1. Not good for heavy deadlift sets; heavy deadlift sets for me is 405 lb but when you get to 315 lb that’s when it starts getting heavy.
2. The straps cut into the wrist when the weight is heavy making it more difficult & uncomfortable to lift heavy.
3. Personally, the fabric was uncomfortable for me when deadlifting.
4. Not long lasting.
5. The thickness isn’t good for heavy deadlift sets.
This product has an amazon rating of 4.7 out 5 based on 4120 reviews. I would recommend reading the reviews & take them with a grain of salt. From my personal experience, this product did not have the intended purpose for me. Rather than improving my grip, it made it harder for me to lift heavy deadlift weights. I would recommend this strap for lightweight deadlift sets but not heavy sets. I switched to liquid chalk since this product did not work for me. Have you tried this strap? what was your experience like? leave a comment below.